Don’t ever design a website just for the sake of designing it, but do it in a street smart way for the present generation of the users. Actually, Internet surfers have become so much used to visiting the websites that they have become more smart and logical about the choice. They can easily make out the differences between a good and bad website. They are aware of the attributes which make the best website design. Also, they don’t mind making an exit from the website, if they find a cluttered website with absolute no sense of navigation patterns, menu items or if it lacks a good usability. The reason behind their move is the fact that there are so many players in the market offering more or less same services/products at competitive prices. So, it is not their duty to analyze the appealing attributes about your website and retain back to avail your services, rather it is your responsibility to provide them with an amazing user experience so that they just can’t resist coming back to your website. Following are the 7 best practices which you, as a designer/developer can follow to make a best website in terms of designing and development:
- Don’t copy, Develop your own original style: Every person is unique. His ideas are unique. No two individuals can think alike. There is a need to explore your imagination and the power of creativity. First of all, you need to have pen and pencil in hand so that you can write down or sketch your ideas one by one. Undergo a brain storming session with your peers or with yourself. Don’t confine your ideas to yourself. Share them! You never know which idea of yours is going to hit the market hard. Be confident about your ideas. Be logical while developing your ideas so that you would be able to justify them.
- If visitors are smart, Be smarter: Never think that you would be able to fool your readers or visitors. Be genuine. Share your ideas, experience, and knowledge with them. Ask for comments and feedback. A right blend of the power of knowledge and the way to present the content is the right key to unlock the attention of the visitor. Never force the readers to read something by the use of pop-ups, or peel ads etc. This is required in a good website design & development.
- Make use of Semantic Web and Web 2.0: Place social bookmarking icons on the web pages so that the visitors can share your content on different sites. This actually drives a huge referral traffic. You should not mind adding your website to all social bookmarking sites with the selection of proper tags. If you have well researched out tags, trust me, you will be making big profits out of this.
- Think Global: We are living in the era of globalization. Internet is global in nature. There is no reason of being specific or confining yourself to a particular region until and unless your client demands so. Your audience is the whole world. You have unlimited options to tap the potential customers, then whats the point of looking out for the new niche of audiences.
- Come out of Keywords, Keywords and Keywords trap: Don’t think in terms of keywords all the time, rather focus on updating the website with fresh and useful content. SEO is altogether a continuous effort. It’s goals are long term hence, cannot be achieved in a single day. It is actually good to add an article after every two days and submitting it to number of social bookmarking sites. This will generate back links and also, you will acquire a regular reader base. Don’t indulge in wrong SEO practices. Online Reputation, once lost will take much longer time to regain than following the right and best SEO practices and seeing its results.
- Improve on Readability, Accessibility and Usability Factors: Use a typography, which should justify the aim with which the website is intended to build up. Check the compatibility of your websites on all browsers including normals systems, iphones, mini laptops, palmtops, smart phones, mobile phones, and so on. Always do usability testing before the launch of the website for better results.
- Use Valid and Standards compliant Mark up: The mark up of website should be neat, clean and semantic. It has to be compliant with W3C standards. A valid mark up makes the website more search engine friendly by optimizing it thoroughly.
Obviously, the above mentioned points are not solely responsible for the success of any website. Even the clients need to be very careful while taking up website design services. A successful website is the sum total of so many attributes combined together. But if you consider these points, then I must say that you have assured the success of the website to a great extent.
- 4 Reasons to Choose SEO Website Design (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- How Much Difference Does Seo Make For Your Website? (internetsvc01.wordpress.com)
- 4 Noteworthy Factors Integral to Web Designing (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Effective Use of Google Adwords to Drive Visitors to Your Website (vfmediasolutions.wordpress.com)
- Website design part one: usability (toplinecomms.com)
- Role of PSD to HTML Conversion in the Success of a Website (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Importance of Negative Spacing in Web Design (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Mediasophia Announces the Implementation of Organic SEO Strategies that Yield Immediate Returns (prweb.com)
- SEO Is Responsible for Traffic Not Conversions (business2community.com)
- Orlando Small Business SEO | “6 Reasons Why Q&A Sites Can Boost Your SEO in 2011″ (smallbusinessseoorlando.wordpress.com)