PSD to HTML conversion is an important step in web development and the services are in huge demand these days. Since websites have become the first of medium of interaction and ‘get to know each other’ between the customers and company, so it is always recommended to work upon the websites as much as you can. If your website is not search engine optimized, or not maintained on regular basis or being not marketed properly, then there is no use of having that website as it would not be generating revenue for you and would end up turning into the liability of the company. So where does the role of PSD to XHTML conversions come into play?
- Use of HTML Code: Web designers make websites in CSS files or PSD (Photoshop Document). These are static files and do not have any movements. CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. This is a technique of designing web pages that allows changes to be made on all the web pages just by changing some code in one file. Web designers use PSD file formats to store these web pages. But these are not ready to use as it is not in HTML format. So these arise a need to convert PSD to HTML.
- Compliance to Web Standards and Browser Compatibility: There is standard to validate PSD to HTML Conversion which is represented by W3C standards. This allows the checking of mark up to see whether they are up to the mark and also checks for the errors if any. There is a need to provide a well structured website which is cross browser compatible. Today, everybody is accessing the web through Internet, smart phones, laptops, palmtops, so if they find themselves unable to access your website through any of the mentioned browsers or systems then, you can imagine that you are going to lose heavy chunk of your potential customers.
- Search Engine Friendliness: These days, it is very important that the website has to be search engine friendly. Almost 65% of Internet surfers use search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing to search for any product/ service/ offering. So if your website is search engine friendly and has good search rankings results, then the probability is quite high that your potential customers find you on search engine, so this all works as a part of your revenue generating process. But every search engine has its own algorithm in which they have certain parameters on which they index and rank your website. This includes your website optimization, anchor text in links, URLs, meta tags in code, loading speed, use of keywords in URL etc. So while coding, you need to take care of all these factors like optimization in such a way that large images should be broken down to smaller ones so that it enhances the loading time of the website, thereby making the website search engine friendly.
- Semantic and Relevance: The coding needs to be semantic and relevant. Identifying the right text elements and modules for easy navigation is very essential. There is a need to address page specific changes like guides for padding, margins, page segments, graphics, dedicated text elements and deployment of Toggle to evade overlapping of Layer Comp Guides. You also need to know all about universal common coding in the desired format for anchors, paragraphs, tables and lists.
If you have worked well on all the above mentioned issues, and maintaining website on regular basis then, the website will surely become revenue generating asset for the concerned business.
- How to Find Out the Success Rate of PSD to HTML Conversion? (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Coding A Web Design: Best Practices and Tips (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Is HTML 5 Worthy for Web Wesigners? (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- 8098182 Canada Inc.’s Webbsy Fixes Photoshop’s Broken Web Export… (prweb.com)
- 4 Reasons to Choose SEO Website Design (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- How to Optimize the Site after PSD to HTML Conversion (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Significance of Semantic Coding in PSD to HTML Conversion (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Software or Developers – Who to trust for PSD to HTML Conversion? (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- 15 HTML Best Practices That Developers Should Know (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- 4 Noteworthy Factors Integral to Web Designing (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)