A web design is the soul of a website. It plays an important role in a website’s performance and success. This is the reason why web developers pay specific attention to business web design. A perfect web design ensures better traffic and search engine ranking for a site. Let us see how beneficial CSS is in a web application development.
CSS or cascading style sheets have made the development of web pages a lot easier. CSS allows you to easily link to other documents in a website. With the help of CSS you can have a control over the various elements in different web pages of your site. CSS only defines the structure and content presentation of a website. It has nothing to do with the design of a website. However, the CSS influences how the design will look like after the final process is over. You can control the font, positioning, color and style information of an entire website with the help of a single CSS sheet.
Some of the advantages of using CSS are :
- Quick loading and less bandwidth: The reason why CSS is preferred by web developers is because it is lighter than the table layout which consumes a lot of bandwidth. The style sheet is loaded only once and is stored in the cache memory. This way the subsequent pages load faster.
- Multiple Browsers Compatible: CSS is compatible with all web browsers. Therefore, a website based on CSS will appear similar in all the web browsers.
- Ability to position elements anywhere: With CSS, you can position the elements anywhere in the web page. Thus you can ask the developer to change the position of a particular element if it does not go well with the way you had wanted it to be.
- Print friendly web pages: Another important feature of CSS is that it provides print friendly web pages. This is to say that the web pages can be easily printed. The colors, images and other things which are difficult to print can be eliminated and printed easily.
- Customization: CSS sheets allow the users to customize the web page. The CSS sheets are stored externally and allow the user to make requisite changes on their own. A number of modern browsers give the liberty of defining their own style sheets to the users. Thus a user can change font properties etc easily.
- Search engine friendly: The CSS style sheets make it easier for a website to feature in major search engine results. Since it allows elements to be positioned anywhere, the user can project the main contents first, so that it is easily captured by web spiders. It also provides cleaner HTML codes thus cutting down the job of web spider to search the real content from junk code.
- Consistency: CSS provides complete consistency to the web pages. It implies that all the expressions and texts will get their characteristics from external style sheet. Thus a developer need not worry about the change in characteristics of the elements because they can be easily altered at any stage of web development by using CSS.
- Portability: CSS also lends portability to the content. With the help of CSS, you can make separate style sheets for different media. Thus the content can be presented in a flexible way. It also allows you to redefine the characteristics of elements in a website to suit the need of the situation.
- Therefore, it can be said that CSS plays a very significant role in a web design. It contributes in making it simple and user friendly. Hence, you must ensure that the company you hire for custom web design is well equipped with CSS.
- VIDEO: Spotify – friend or foe of musicians? (bbc.co.uk)
- Clemence announces FA retirement (bbc.co.uk)
- In pictures: Storm batters Britain (themexicanpost.wordpress.com)
- What is CSS? (jbaveloria.wordpress.com)
- Week 3: Review of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). (rhicks83.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: Kyle Walker scares Spurs team-mates (bbc.co.uk)
- Do’s and Don’ts of CSS (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Losing CSS Formatting (forums.adobe.com)
- All About CSS – Part 2 (ni052667.wordpress.com)
- Is It Time To Reconsider How We Approach CSS? (samsonasoftware.wordpress.com)