In today’s technology dominated world, Internet has made a huge impact on our lives. It has provided a lot of convenience when it comes to looking for just anything from some information to an outfit. Ecommerce website development is ruling the roost these days. Business owners have realized that with the help of ecommerce web development, they can provide a big boost to their business.
However, choosing a shopping cart can be quite a mind boggling task as there are a variety of e-commerce solutions available these days. One is, in fact, spoiled for choice. Discussed below are some of the e-commerce solutions with their features. It will help you to decide which e-commerce solution would be best for you.
It is a very popular open source shopping cart with an impressive list of features. It is a very good option for those looking for an enterprise grade e-commerce platform. It provides a multi store option that allows users to have different stores for their different range of products. It has flexible pricing functionality and a hierarchical administration and permissions system to support multiple users. It also allows you to add a number of quality modules and extend the functionality of your web portal. However, the additional functionality comes at a price of reduced usability.
This is also open source software and has been around since 2000. In the year 2008, it powered more than14, 000 online shops. It might not be very popular, but that does not mean that it is not a good e-commerce solution. Although it has a complex code that makes it difficult to make changes, but it enjoys a strong community that provides free support. It also offers a wide range of modules.
It used Oscommerce’s code and later became a standalone project. It is also an open source solution. Like Oscommerce, it also has its share of advantages and disadvantages but it has demonstrated better competence.
PayPal Shopping cart: Although it is free, but it comes with two main catches. You first need to process payments with PayPal. Then PayPal tries to encourage each of your customers to sign up for a PayPal account. Most of the shopping cart options come with PayPal payment option. It is not necessary to use PayPal’s shopping cart in order to use its payment option. PayPal’s cart lacks in features and sophistication.
It is a hosted solution and is easy to set up. Shopify is best for those who want to manage their own hosting and security. Its cart comes with a good range of templates and designs that can be easily customized. It has a strong set of features and also allows you to access modules and applications developed by others. One of its disadvantages is that it keeps you tied up to the company and platform. Also, it is a little expensive.
PrestaShop is aimed primarily at small and medium sized businesses. Although it was started in France, it supports English as well. One of its key features is PrestaStore which is a website selling themes and modules for website customization. It fares better than its competitors as it is lightweight and has a clean code. When it comes to back office administration and pricing, it offers a high degree of flexibility. But it does lack in certain areas. It has a lack of templates and modules. It also needs to improve its support.
It is quite similar to PayPal in its simplicity and ease of set up. In order to integrate it, you can simply copy and paste the code in your website. It also allows you to integrate Google checkout as a payment option into another cart.
- ShopIntegrator’s Shopping Cart Software Integrates With Authorize.Net’s Payment Gateway Solution (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Top 6 Open Source Shopping Carts solutions (linuxaria.com)
- OsCcommerce Development for Easy and Effective Ecommerce website (keybrowssedesigning.wordpress.com)
- PrestaShop Gets Online Stores Up to Speed With A2 Hosting (hispanicbusiness.com)
- 6 Things About E-commerce Sites that Annoy Customers (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Magento iPhone Theme: A Way to Tap M-Commerce Arena (shameemullahs.wordpress.com)
- Script of the Day: WordPress Simple Paypal Shopping Cart (news.softpedia.com)
- PrestaShop Logistics Module (modulebazaar.wordpress.com)
- What is ecommerce shopping cart & top shopping cart software available. (ecommercesoftwaredevelopment.wordpress.com)
- Why magento commerce is one of the most preferred e-commerce solutions today. (ecommercesoftwaredevelopment.wordpress.com)