Web 3.0 is a new version of World Wide Web which is still evolving. Some experts believe Semantic Web and Personalization as the most important features of Web 3.0 while some other argue that it emerged from modernization of the Web 2.0 services. Semantic Web is a movement that is run by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) – an organization, which set the standard for World Wide Web (WWW). According to the W3C, “The Semantic Web provides a common framework that allows data to be shared and reused across application, enterprise, and community boundaries,” which is one of the prominent features of Web 3.0. And Personalization means the development of technologies, which can be personalized for every individual.
Semantic Web enables World Wide Web to manage data in more systematic order and avail the same when needed. This is why, you see lot of advertisements related the subject, you search for. Some of the benefits of Web 3.0 are:
1. The Easy Availability of Data: Web 3.0 technology has made it very easy to access global data anywhere. The best part is that you don’t need to have a computer system to access this data as you can also view any files, images, videos, or just any other information on your smart phones. Nowadays almost all the business web design are being created keeping this feature in mind.
2. Influence on Web Design: Web 3.0 technologies have definitely influenced the overall concept of modern web designing as a website now is not only viewed on computers but can also be accessed on the phone. Custom web designing along with Web 3.0 tools requires altogether a new approach that eventually encourages developers to incorporate highly interactive and user-friendly components in the website.
3. Excellent Features: Web 3.0 promotes incorporation of some of the highly advanced features in websites such as flash, animation, intensive graphics, etc.
4. Software as a service: Today, software as a service is in great demand. It is a simple module where clients’ data is stored centrally so that it can be accessed by any person working within the company at local or remote locations. Web 3.0 has been proven very effective for developing software.
Some of the Other Highlights of the Web 3.0 Applications are:
# It has a better information connectivity.
# It ensure better web browsing and communication experience
# Since, it is an open platform and allows user to access Application Programming Interface (APIs) protocols.
# Complete control over information unlike information download issue in Web 2.0
# A custom website development with Web 3.0 tools ensures an all-inclusive new browsing experience.
How can Web 3.0 Change the Scenario for Web Design?
With Web 2.0, we are already sharing information very quickly and accessing the same on our mobile phones. We already started shopping online as we are using several e-commerce sites for purchasing. We have better communication and publishing technologies with us. Web 3.0 is taking all these features to next levels as it is making availability of useful information quick and convenient. Web designers are hence, now supposed to customize web design keeping the above facts in mind. Web 3.0 will enable both web application and humans to read the content more clearly than ever. Besides, it will allow designer to design websites, which will be run on iPhones, iPads and Blackberry successfully. Custom web development with Web 3.0 with its highly interactive features, easily availability of data, and intelligent data management will definitely change the entire scenario of web design.
- Did Web 3.0 solve Web 2.0 issues?! (fimogroup.wordpress.com)
- Web 3.0: Does Anybody Really Know What It Will Be? (enterpriseresilienceblog.typepad.com)
- How workflow software could be the backbone of the future web (venturebeat.com)
- A response to Lusapho Njenge’s Lecture on Web 3.0 (jamtimunye.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Presentation- Web 3.0 (gianlucafilippetti.wordpress.com)
- Web 3.0 Technology Tips and Tricks (informationtechnologyreviews.wordpress.com)
- Application for Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 (fimogroup.wordpress.com)
- Cambridge Semantics Provides Introductory Overview of the Semantic Web… (prweb.com)
- Blog 1: Web 3.0 (s2819718.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Presentation – Sam Legro’s Web 2.0 / Web 3.0 (carlossabbah.wordpress.com)