WordPress is the undisputed leader when it comes to an open source CMS web design solution. However to create maximum impact with your website in the market you need to customize your WordPress theme. There are a lot of tools and extensions which allow you to customize the CMS design but perhaps no one does it better than Firebug. It is an open source Firefox add-on which is being increasingly used by developers around the world to customize WordPress themes. Its use isn’t limited to the developers and if you run your website on WordPress it should be a part of your toolkit.
This awesome extension allows you to customize every element of your website ranging from changing the background color and fonts to adjusting the space of different elements of your website. Firebug pinpoints the exact place where your code needs to be changed to resolve a particular issue in your WordPress design. Not only this it allows you to change and see the result in real time. Apart from this you can also use Firebug to check the code base of other website and find out the secrets behind the functionality that impresses you!
Firebug however doesn’t allow you to make permanent changes in your code which you need to do manually. Nonetheless it gives you the alternate codes which can be copied and applied using a common text editor such as Programmers Notepad. You can easily implement the changes which you had witnessed in the real-time preview. Here are some popular features of Firebug which help you in customizing your WordPress CMS design.
Firebug Custom Options for WordPress
1. Firebug allows you to inspect every element of your WordPress development. All that you need to do is to activate the inspect menu and hover the mouse over the different sections of your website to inspect the different elements. If you notice any issue you can right click to lock that position.
2. With the help of Firebug you can edit CSS in-browser to check out design changes without editing your theme’s files. This serves as a huge advantage as you don’t need to go for a trial and error method with your WordPress design which is live.
4. Searching for a specific string, common or keyword is an essential part of website customization and Firebug makes it easy to find specific code with its advanced search feature. A developer need to only type text into the search field and Firebug will highlight instances of that text in the code.
5. Multi-layer coding is a standard practice in WordPress development and Firebug allows you to view different layers of the codes such as the CSS, DOM. This serves as a huge benefit when you want to customize complex websites.
6. Load time is a deciding factor for your website in today’s competitive Internet market and you can make use of the Net tab in Firebug to help you fix the problem. Firebug will measure the time taken by each element on the page to load. This allows you to get rid of these elements which slow down your website.
Installing Firebug is a must for your WordPress CMS web design solution which will allow you to make customary changes to your website from time to time. But when it comes to WordPress development you need to hire the services of professional wordpress developers who have expertise in custom WordPress design to offer your business a competitive edge in the market. They will adhere to the latest standards in web development. This will also ensure that the theme seamlessly integrates with the CMS for a perfect website.
- Firebug web development tool (devtoolsplus.wordpress.com)
- Firefox Developer Tools Highlighter (flailingmonkey.com)
- Optimizing Page Speed – Actionable Tips For SEOs and Web Developers (moz.com)
- Mike Ratcliffe: The History of Firebug (flailingmonkey.com)
- Firefox Developer Tools and Firebug (hacks.mozilla.org)
- Firebug 1.12.4 (getfirebug.com)
- Firefox: Firebug vs inspect element (stackoverflow.com)
- How to Build Your Own Thumbdrive SEO Browser (moz.com)
- Adding icons to the Categories of a WordPress blog Manually (simonstride.wordpress.com)