Joomla 2.5 is the third and latest version of Joomla CMS which has been introduced to the world with some new features and improvements. As we know that Joomla is an award winning open source content management system supported by one of the greatest communities in the world. Many of its brilliant features were implemented by the hard work of dedicated community members. Now with Joomla Development one can create dynamic websites and powerful online applications . Now with the invention of Joomla 2.5 version which is well organized and includes lots of great improvements, you will be able to find in the administrator page by just one-click upgrade message. In this article we are going to focus on 20 essential modifications in joomla 2.5.
1. New Search Module
A new search module, known as smart search, provides an improved natural language search engine to the Joomla core, and Joomla Extension Directory is the best example of this. Smart search module, which is disabled by default, can be enabled by turning on the plug-in and then can be accessible via a module or menu link.
2. Core & extension update notification buttons
These icons will display your updates status and you can access it via Site > Control panel. It will help you to automatically notify when a Joomla or extension update is available while visiting the control panel.
3. Facility to support other Database
In the installation process, a new option list shows available databases and allows you to pick one suiting your needs. Due to this facility you can run Joomla using a database other than MySQL.
4. Set Joomla to offline during installation
When you installed Joomla it is automatically online as soon as it is installed. This feature allows you to choose offline option as well so that unauthorized people cannot see it before you allow them.
5. Choose custom image for the offline page
You can configure it via Site > Global Configuration > Site tab > Site Settings pane. Due to this option, you can easily use logo in offline mode. Just select the desired logo and upload it at the same time you build a custom message.
6. Adding notes to menu items
You can add notes to menu items via Menus > Main Menu > Add new menu item. This feature is helpful for site admin, especially in case of using custom layouts.
7. Filter Group Option
You can enable it via Module Manager > Edit Who’s Online module > Advanced Options pane. This feature can filter and limit the list of online users based on the current user’s groups.
8. Category filtering contains subcategories
Sorting the articles by category and including them in subcategories has become quite simpler. To access this feature you need to visit through the path Content > Article Manager > Select Max Levels from filter.
9. Manage language overrides
Browse through the following path to access this feature: Extensions > Language Manager > Overrides tab > New. A new screen in Language Manager will allow you to create and manage language override files without any difficulty.
10. Create simple standardized layouts
Create simple standardized layouts by using images and URL fields: Article Manager > Options icon > Editing Layout tab path will allow you to access this feature. It will allow you to create simple standardized layouts for blogs with images and URL’s.
11. New check for native ZIP support
Due to this feature you can check that the native ZIP is present on your host during installation or not.
12. Notification email to admin
When a user registers and completes the email verification process, a message will be delivered to the administrator regarding to the new registration.
13. Better pop-up boxes
You can access it via Menus > Main Menu > Add Menu Item .The performance of pop-up windows for menu links will be improved.
14. User notes
Just go through Users > User Notes > Add User Note, to add user notes. This feature provides the facility to add notes to a user.
15. Custom Black List in Text Filters
Allows more flexibility to set up the content filter entries by users. You can configure is via Site > Global Configuration > Text Filters Tab.
16. Simplified work flow By Module Manager
Simplified work flow by connecting Menu Manager and Module Manager,To access this feature first you need to create a new menu in the Menu Manager and then link to “Add a module for this menu type” will be visible. Then, click on link to create a menu module for it. This work flow will be better than it was earlier.
17. Default language option for News Feeds
Access it via Components > News Feeds > Feeds > New, and then a new option in News feeds will extend the multi-language support feature.
18. Right to left option for News Feeds
To have right to left display option for News Feeds, you need to access Components > News Feeds > Feeds > New > Publishing Options panel.
19. Improved SEO with a new language code plug-in
Just visit Extensions > Plugin Manager > System- Language Code plugin details, to enable this feature. It allows search engines to view the language and country code as per requirements.
20. Improved image capacity
In Joomla 2.5 version, MooTools library is improved and more facility is available in JImage class and the JGrid class. More images editing and image creation extensions of HTML tables can be developed.
- Disable the “Help” Menu in Joomla 2.5 and 3 (joomla-and-more.com)
- Joomla Slider Plugin by Hi Slider Is Ranked Among Top 5 jQuery Sliders (prweb.com)
- TinyMCE is Much Improved in Joomla 3.2 (ostraining.com)
- Joomla Multi Vendor Marketplace (webkul.com)
- How To Global Clientele turn to India for Joomla Web Developer (indiaswebdevelopmentcompany.wordpress.com)
- Use Joomla! or start from scratch? (stackoverflow.com)
- Joomla Web Development Company Phoenix (webdevelopmentphoenix.wordpress.com)
- GetResponse adds Joomla! integration (getresponse.com)
- Easily Test Joomla 3 Patches (ostraining.com)
- Reorganize Joomla 3 Articles, Modules and Menus (ostraining.com)