Jquery is an open source program, that is, it allows developers to add their own plug-ins or to tweak the application as per their own requirement. Mentioned below are 15 important jQuery tips and tutorials for web designers.
2. Use the latest version: jQuery was launched in 2006, and it is updated regularly. It has enhanced its efficiency and usability. Always use the most recent version to get better performance.
3. Make use of cheat sheet: It is not only difficult to memorize all the codes, but it also takes a lot of time. This is why it is always better to use cheat sheets. With the help of cheat sheets, you can make the coding easier and faster.
4. Use jQuery every time: jQuery is an effective tool which provides convenience, efficiency and superb layouts and designs. Also, the way it is being used by web designers, it is certainly going to dominate the world wide web in future.
5. Add interactivity: With this powerful tool, you can not only create and design a graphic based website, but it can also be sued to create animation. You can also use it along with CSS, PHP and HTML to create any type of online media like polls, forums etc.
6. Keep looking for other tutorials: It also offers many tutorials and how to’s for users. Also, there are many other sites which provide helpful jQuery tricks.
Some good tutorials of jQuery
1. jQuery tutorial by Cody Lindlay: This tutorial provides basic commands used in jQuery. It helps the reader to figure out what happens when a command is used. It shows the effects that a command produces.
2. Rounded Corners: This is a helpful tutorial by 151daysofjquery.com and provides a detailed step-by-step instructions on how to create boxes with round edges.
3. Creating Chatroom: With the help of this tutorial you can create a chatroom using jQuery and PHP together. The tutorial also provides the codes for both platforms.
4. Setup Input masks for forms: This tutorial tells you how to make sure that the format of a required field in a form should be inputted. It uses a mask and shows the audience how to type information correctly.
5. Image cross fade transition: This tutorial helps designers to add the cross-fading transition to pictures.
6. Dynamic text resizing: This tutorial gives tips of different processes and how to use the code in a ‘clean’ way.
7. Image cropping using Jcrop: This plug-in enables a web application to have the picture cropping ability.
8. jQuery 1.2.6 Online Cheat Sheet: It displays everything the user needs and gives detailed information on every topic.
9. Background image animations: It tells you how to animate background images.
- Codepen and jQuery (devguy.co)
- Awesome jQuery Plugins That Can Help You Create Interactive Web Design In Less Time (smashingapps.com)
- 7 reasons why you really should learn jQuery (sandipshirsaleblog.wordpress.com)
- Build a Slideshow with jQuery from Scratch (strongloop.com)
- jquery Preloading Images for better performance (sandipshirsaleblog.wordpress.com)
- jQuery UI Demystified: Part 1 (codeproject.com)
- jQuery Basics for Beginners (udemy.com)
- Infinite Skills’ “Introduction to Ajax with jQuery Training Video” Explores Concepts in Asynchronous Web Apps (prweb.com)